Cioppino (Mediteranean Seafood Chowder) (HC)
1-1/2 cup red or yellow peppers, chopped
1 large onion quartered and thinly sliced
2 Tbsp high quality olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 large tomatoes chopped (or 1 280z can organic crushed)
2 cups filtered water
14 oz homemade chicken broth (or organic canned)
1 cup uncooked long grain organic rice
1/2 cup white wine (organic)
1 tsp dry thyme or equivalent fresh
1 tsp dried basil or equivalent fresh
1 tsp dried oregano or equivalent fresh
2 bay leaves
1 bunch chopped fresh parsely
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
8 oz uncooked medium shrimp, peeled, wild caught
8 oz cod fillets cut into pieces, wild caught
Optional scallops, clams, crab
- Saute peppers and onions in oil until tender.
- Add garlic and cook for several minutes.
- Add water, tomatoes, water, rice, wine, broth and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to a simmer for 30-45 minutes until rice is tender.
- Add seafood and simmer for 5 more minutes.
Serves 10, Prep time 30 min.
Recipe Key: OD = Optimal Detox; MD = Modified Detox; HC = Healthy Choice.